ASPIRE Military Spouse Program
Demystifying entrepreneurship for military spouses wanting to start or grow a business
ASPIRE is a 4-week program that introduces the topics of entrepreneurship within a virtual class setting. During this program, students will have the opportunity to explore, develop and expand business ideas while learning about business basics such as value creation, market research, and financial sustainability. The final week of the program ends with a celebratory networking event with fellow entrepreneurs and community supporters.
- Approachable business curriculum shared over 3 virtual cohort sessions designed for the busy military spouse
- Course material tailored to the need to move your business to different geographies, do business on installation, and other common unique issues military spouse business owners face
- Networking event on the fourth week to leverage community resources and support that is critical to entrepreneurship
- Access to free one-on-one business coaching support throughout the program
- Week 1: Create, develop, and refine your business ideas
- Week 2: Find your clients: market research tools and concepts
- Week 3: Making money: introduction to financial feasibility and sustainability
- Week 4: Live Networking Event among fellow military spouse entrepreneurs, community partners, and past ASPIRE graduates.
this is a grey bar
ASPIRE military spouse program demystifies entrepreneurship for military spouses with a desire to start or grow a business.
Open to active or former military spouses of all genders AND active-duty service members and veterans.
- Two hours per week in the virtual classroom during weeks 1-3
- Final week 2 hours at the live networking event*
*NOTICE Regarding COVID-19: Business Impact NW follows current State and Federal guidelines. While the first 3 weeks of this training are virtual, our goal is to have the week 4 networking be a live event if safety allows. Your program facilitator will advise on safety protocols.
Registration and Information:
Facilitated weekly cohort classes
- Where: Held Virtually via Zoom. Links provided at registration.
- Time: 18:00-20:00
Week 4: Networking Event
Join to celebrate military spouse entrepreneurship with networking and small bites. Children welcome!
- Feb: 4, 11, 18, 25 JBLM
- Apr: 7, 14, 21, 29 Whidbey NAS
- Jun: 2, 9, 16, 23 JBLM
- Aug: 4, 11, 18, 25 Whidbey NAS
- Oct: 20, 27, & Nov: 3, 10 JBLM
To request further information, please contact email@example.com
Are you a community partner interested in joining the networking event? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a grey bar
This is a grey bar
ASPIRE is a program of the Veterans Business Outreach Center
Reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact email@example.com or call 206.324.4330.