About Our Loans
Business Impact NW is a compassionate small business lender in Washington, Oregon, & Alaska, to business owners at every stage of business development.
- We offer small business loans ranging from $5,000 to $500,000 and commercial real estate loans up to $750,000.
- We are a compassionate lender. The 5 C's of Financing allow us to be more flexible with our funding than traditional lenders. In fact, 99% of our clients are business owners who are ineligible for commercial bank loans at this time. That means they've been turned down by a bank, but still have the capacity to meet our "5C's" criteria.
- Our average interest rate is from 10% to 13%. While higher than some banks, we take risks that most banks won't.
- Unlike credit cards, cash advances, or other types of high-interest or predatory loans, we work with you to ensure you have the right loan at the right rate that you are able to pay back - without getting into deeper debt.
- We strive to offer loan products to meet you where you are. We offer products like our Impact Loanwhich is designed for those with limited collateral; our ITIN loan which is for those without a social security number, and more.
- We exist to fund women, veterans, BIPOC, immigrants, LGBTQ+, disabled, and other traditionally underbanked entrpreneurs.
- We’re located in Seattle – but you don’t have to be. We can provide loans by working with you over the phone, via Zoom live web chat, and even supported by email if your business is in Washington, Oregon, & Alaska.
Business Stages we fund
- Startup businesses (0-6 months in operation
- New businesses (fewer than 2 years in operation)
- Established businesses (2+ years in operation)
Funding can be used for
- Working Capital
- Commercial Real Estate
- Furniture & Fixtures
- Debt Restructuring
- Contract Mobilization
- Contractor Receivables
So how do we decide to approve your loan?
First and foremost, we look at the “5 C’s”
- Capital: How much money of your own are you putting into the business? Do you have at least 10-20% of the requested financing amount to contribute?
- Collateral: Do you have sufficient assets (something you can pledge, like home equity, stocks, or equipment) to fully secure the loan?
- Cash Flow: Will your business generate enough net income to repay the requested loan amount and any other debts that you have?
- Capacity: Do you have the ability to successfully operate the business based on past experience, education, or transferrable skills?
- Character: Have you demonstrated the ability to follow rules/laws and repay debts? Hint: your credit score and your honesty are demonstrations of character
this is a grey bar
- Use the lending navigator toolto figure out if you’re ready to apply.
- If you're ready, fill out the loan application
- If you're not ready, explore the options presented by the tool. You can also go directly to our loan readinesshelp page, business coaching or take a Square One class to learn more about our services.
If you’d like to work with a business coach who is ready to help you prepare your loan application materials, you can! We offer free business coaching. Our business coaches can guide you through the lending process; by assisting in the development of your business plan, marketing plan, financial projections. They can also assist you in assembling and completing the required documentation to apply for your loan.
These coaching sessions can be held in-person, over the phone, or via video conferencing. Don't miss this opportunity to access the capital you need to start or grow your business!