Market Ready Program
The Market Ready Program supports established small businesses and entrepreneurs across Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, & Alaska who currently sell or are interested in selling at markets or tabling at pop-ups. Throughout the 4 week program will teach you how to maximize your time, energy, and efficiency to be able to take advantage of and participate in market and tabling opportunities. The program will be delivered in a hybrid of on-demand and live sessions.
In addition this course will include weekly 1.5-hour live sessions. The live session will be held virtually and recap the week's materials, include facilitated discussions, and provide opportunities for students to meet each other through breakout sessions.
- Specialized market vending business planning instruction
- Practical and usable insights on the nuts and bolts of market vending
- Targeted lessons on accounting and financial management for market vending businesses
|Weekly Agenda||Topic||Live Weekly Sessions|
|10 - 11:30am|
|May 18||Week I: Planning Your Market Business Material||May 24|
|May 25||Week II: Nuts and Bolts||May 31|
|June 1||Week III: My Money||June 7|
|June 8||Week IV: Bringing it All Together||June 14|
this is a grey bar
This class is for farmers, ranchers, crafters, and other product-based businesses who can benefit from selling their products at farmers’ markets, craft fairs, seasonal pop-ups, mobile markets, or expos in Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, & Alaska.
- 3-4 hours per week of core on demand content
- 1.5 hour weekly live online sessions each Wednesday
Registration and Information:
- Where: Held Virtually. Links provided at registration.
- Time: Live weekly sessions held from 10:00-11:30am on Wednesdays
Successful Course Completion Opportunity
Course participants who complete the on-demand lessons, attend all four live sessions, meet one-on-one with a business advisor at least once during the course, have an active state business license, and submit the final required ‘My Market Ready Plan’ will receive:
- $300 Cost-share to use on approved professional services such as digital marketing, legal, photography, graphic design, or accounting services ($600 for businesses located in the City of Kent with a City of Kent License)
- $200 Cash Award for tents, signage, market applications, inventory, etc. ($300 for businesses located in the City of Kent with a City of Kent License)
To request further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org