WA State Self-Employment Assistance Program: SEAP
The Washington State Self Employment Assistance Program (SEAP) is a Washington State Unemployment Security Department Program and is NOT run by Business Impact NW.
- After you are enrolled in the WA State SEAP program, you are eligible to enroll in Launch & Grow classes at a discounted rate of $149.
- Receive your state benefits through the SEAP program while taking this class.
- Read more information about the Self-Employment Assistance Program.
Below is a summary of the steps to enroll in Self Employment Assistance through the Unemployment Department of WA state. Pay for your Launch & Grow class below at the discounted rate once your SEAP enrollment is approved through the state.
SEAP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Qualify for regular unemployment benefits.
- Enroll in a training program that is approved by the Employment Security Department's commissioner.
- Be identified as likely to run out of benefits or be eligible for Commissioner-Approved Training (CAT).
APPROVED TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Entrepreneurial training
- Business counseling
- Technical assistance
- Requirements to engage in activities relating to setting up a business and self-employment
this is a grey bar
- Download and complete the Self-Employment Assistance Program (SEAP) Application or pick one up at your local WorkSource office.
- Submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, who will verify your proposal to attend Launch & Grow, an approved SEAP class.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Business Impact NW will submit your application to SEAP or you may mail or fax your completed application to:
Employment Security Department
Attn: Training Benefits Unit
PO Box 19019
Olympia, WA 98507-0019
Your local WorkSource can also assist with faxing your completed application. And it is your responsibility to follow up with SEAP to confirm receipt of application and its status.
For questions about SEAP, please call the toll-free Training Benefits/SEAP hotline at 877-600-7701