The Veteran's Business Outreach Center hones in on three major objectives:
- Building up the number of veteran owned small businesses across our regional footprint
- Maximizing the number of jobs created by and for those businesses
- Reinforcing the growth rate, profitability, and value of each business
Veteran owned businesses may be startups, existing companies focusing on growth and expansion, or planned future acquisitions.
We are committed to delivering free business counseling and training workshops, supplying entrepreneurs with the tools and resources needed to run a business.
- Understanding funding options when starting, growing, or buying a business
- Preparing loan request packages and presentations for lenders and potential investors
- Managing business profitability
- Creation of business plans and financial projections
- Business expansion options
VBOC is an equal opportunity institution that serves every person, with a focus on:
- Service-Disabled Veterans
- Reservists and Guard Members
- Family Members
- Active-duty service members preparing to transition from military service to business ownership
Before we can provide assistance, the U.S. Small Business Administration requires all clients to register with VBOC and complete the Request for Counseling form. This form will act as our Confidentiality and Code of Conduct Agreements. All client information is held in strict confidence. This request for counseling is FREE and CONFIDENTIAL!
Since 2013, VBOC Region X has...
...held over 4,600 1-on-1 counseling sessions
Serving >2,700 clients
...conducted over 1,800 training seminars
Providing training to >5,600 clients
...helped start over 73 new businesses
Creating over 130 new jobs
Veterans make up over 88% of VBOC clientele
Classes & Trainings
The VBOC "IT" Series is a free webinar series on all things tech, IT, marketing, and even business planning. These run alongside the Washington Women's Business Center free and low cost businesses trainings. All are hosted by Business Impact NW to provide comprehensive resources to anyone enrolled in counseling services with either organization.