COVID-19 Information and Advice for Small Businesses
Launching and growing a business is never easy and it is even harder right now. There are many resources available to help, not least of which are the fantastic trainers and coaches at Business Impact NW. If you are looking for resources directly related to COVID-19 impacts on your business, these sessions are the best way to start. They are designed to quickly get you from needing assistance to accepting the help that could save your business. Because Business Impact NW has both coaches and trainers AND is an SBA 7a lender and CDFI, we can get you the resources you need quickly. Sign up for our free Webinars now -
In conjunction with the new COVID-19 federal relief package the Business Impact NW team will host another series of live COVID-19 Q&A sessions tailored to this new round of relief. Our updated COVID-19 Q&A webinar series will be made available in January of 2021 with the release of additional guidance from the federal government. Please visit our calendar for updates on our second round of COVID-19 Q&A webinars as they are released.
If you need more assistance filing for economic relief programs, are not sure what COVID-19 means for the future of your business, or just need to talk through the current situation with a professional, the Business Impact NW business coach team is here.
Our team of business coaches can provide the following one-on-one assistance:
- Additional help navigating city, state, federal, and private economic relief programs related to COVID-19.
- Answering specific questions when filing SBA, State, and City grant and loan applications.
- Mitigation planning for the long-term economic effects of COVID-19 or similar occurrences.
- Building resiliency into your business model
- Understanding your business model and hazards and prevention of the transmission of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases
- Contingent planning for potential effects of COVID-19 on the supply chains, distribution, and sale of products
- Implementing new management and practice of telework to reduce possible transmission of COVID-19
- Managing remote customer service by electronic or other means
- Learning about the risks of cyber threats and how to mitigate them through remote customer service or telework practices
If you already have Business Impact NW coach, reach out to them directly to schedule your next appointment. Don't have a coach yet? Sign up for services here.
Already a client but not sure who your business coach is? Just reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you. For veteran, military spouse, reservist, or National Guard clients, connect via email@example.com.
Is now the time to work on your website, create an e-commerce store, or flex your digital marketing? Our Empower by GoDaddy series can help.