Get Help for Your Business
We've all been impacted by Coronavirus/COVID-19. Business Impact NW is here for you.
Our mission is to grow businesses that create jobs in underserved communities with information, advice and lending to those who cannot get business loans at banks. If you have a small business that has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, we can help.
All of our usual coaching, classes, and lending work has been moved online. We are open for business and ready with free to low-cost services and lending products.
We have added services specifically in response to the impacts of Coronavirus/COVID-19:
- Business Coaching Sessions for one-on-one help with COVID-19 resilience and recovery
- Webinars with information on all the resources available and what you need to access them
- Live Online Question and Answer Sessions about COVID-19 resources
- Bridge Loans, payment abatement and interest-only options for current lending clients
- Paycheck Protection Program Loans, which are forgivable and open to all small businesses who qualify. The second round of the Paycheck Protection Program opened on January 1th, 2021. For updates and to apply for the second round of PPP loans click here.
- COVID-19 Information Library for Small Businesses
To access these resources, please choose from the three paths below. If you would like to support our work to help small businesses in this time of great need, please visit our Support page.
Business Impact NW has been serving small businesses since 1997 and we will be here to serve small businesses through the current crisis and long after. Please join us. We are in this together.
Updates and Announcements from Business Impact NW staff:
- President Biden announced reforms to the current Paycheck Protection Program to benefit small businesses with no employees, located in low income neighborhoods, and/or sole proprietors, independent contractors, self-employed individuals, those with a felony record, delinquent on their student loans, and/or non-citizen US residents. Starting on Wednesday, February 24, 2021, there will be a 14-day period during which only businesses with fewer than 20 employees can apply for relief through the PPP. To apply with Business Impact NW, please register for our waiting list here. We also encourage you to schedule a one-on-one coaching session with your Business Impact NW coach to assist you as needed.
- The Paycheck Protection Program (Round Two) is part of a new stimulus bill passed by the US Government on December 21, 2020. This renewed program is intended to provide American small businesses with cash-flow assistance through federally guaranteed loans. This second round will be different from round one. We are still awaiting details surrounding those differences. Please visit the SBA for more information as it is released.
- Find funding opportunities for your small business or farm through the SBA Funding Options Portal here.
- Targeted EIDL Advance funds are available for those who applied for EIDL assistance on or before December 27, 2020, but did not receive an EIDL Advance due to lack of program funding. These applicants will receive an email from SBA with instructions to determine eligibility and submit documentation. Learn more here.
- Puget Sound is now in Phase 2 of Healthy Washington - Roadmap to Recovery, to learn more about the associated regulations and guidelines that may impact your business visit the WA State Coronavirus Response page here.
- Join ADP for a special on-demand webinar on COVID-19 Legislative Updates – New COVID-19 Legislation: Latest Developments on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Employee Retention Credits, and More. Register here!
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC): Effective January 15th, those that are receiving unemployment will be receiving an additional $300 to their weekly benefits. They need to contact ESD if they are not receiving these funds. More info can be found here.
- The Division of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) is conducting business visits and inspections at random to ensure compliance with the new regulations. There is a $10,000 penalty if you are in violation of new regulations. Along with carrying out inspections proactively or as a result of complaints, L&I offers free consultations to help employers find and fix workplace safety and health issues. Employers who want assistance can request an L&I safety consultation online. It’s free and confidential.
- Working Washington Grants are currently being processed, for those that have applied you should have heard a response by 12/31. If you have applied and not received a response about the status of your application you need to reach out to unemployment. Click here for more information about the Working Washington Grants.
- The Small Business Liaison Team is offering Small Business COVID-19 Requirements and Resources Webinar on January 28th. Click here to register. Equipo De Enlace De Pequeñas Empresas (SBLT) ofrecerá el seminario web sobre requisitos y recursos de COVID-19 para pequeñas empresas el 28 de enero. Pulse aquí para registrarse.
- Those that are a part of the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Program are getting a one-time Pandemic Relief Payment of $550. Click here for more details.
- The SharedWork Program provides flexibility to retain employees at reduced hours. Washington’s SharedWork program helps businesses and employers avoid layoffs by paying employees partial unemployment benefits when their work hours are reduced. Consider if the SharedWork Program is right for you and your business. More information here.
- Learn more about Washington states regional multi-stage recovery roadmap which will go into effect on January 11th, 2021 here.
this is a grey bar
Sign Up to Speak With a Business Coach
Our partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration requires all clients to register with an online service request before we can provide assistance. This form also acts as Confidentiality and Code of Conduct Agreements. All client information is held in strict confidence. Any request for technical assistance (business coaching, training, or counseling) is FREE and CONFIDENTIAL!
To unlock your access to free one-on-one business coaching,