Launch & Grow Your Business (Seattle)
April 1 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Monday, repeating until April 8, 2019
Prerequisite for Grow & Thrive
Launch & Grow Your Business is a Washington State SEAP approved course designed to train participants on starting and running their business. Through seven, 3-hour sessions participants will learn how to manage, market and finance their business while creating a solid business plan.
This opportunity is designed to be an immersive, seven-week program and is a paid course.
Session I: Planning (April 1)
- What is an entrepreneur?
- What does it mean to be a business owner?
- Feasibility and business planning.
- Key components of a business plan, leadership and business ethics.
Session II: Products and Services (April 8)
- Features versus Benefits
- Competitive Matrix
Session III: Marketing Part 1 (April 15)
- SWOT Analysis
Session IV: Marketing Part 2 (April 22)
- Components of marketing strategy, including:
- An in-depth look at social media marketing and budget strategies.
Session V: Financial Planning Part 1 (April 29)
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Chart of Accounts and Financial Ratios.
Session VI: Financial Planning Part 2 (May 6)
- Cash flow projection
- Financing options
- The 5 “C”s of Lending
Session VII: Growth (May 13)
- Human Resource Management
- Contractor vs. Employee
- Growing Your Business
- Group Presentations
This course is offered at a generous discount thanks to the Washington Women’s Business Center