- This event has passed.
Launch & Grow Your Business (Lynnwood)
October 22, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
One event on October 29, 2019 at 10:30 am
Prerequisite for Grow & Thrive
Launch & Grow Your Business is a Washington State SEAP approved course designed to train participants on starting and running their business. Through seven, 3-hour sessions participants will learn how to manage, market and finance their business while creating a solid business plan.
This opportunity is designed to be an immersive, seven-week program and is a paid course.
Session I: Planning (October 22)
- What is an entrepreneur?
- What does it mean to be a business owner?
- Feasibility and business planning.
- Key components of a business plan, leadership and business ethics.
Session II: Products and Services (October 29)
- Features versus Benefits
- Competitive Matrix
Session III: Marketing Part 1 (November 5)
- SWOT Analysis
Session IV: Marketing Part 2 (November 12)
- Components of marketing strategy, including:
- An in-depth look at social media marketing and budget strategies.
Session V: Financial Planning Part 1 (November 19)
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Chart of Accounts and Financial Ratios.
Session VI: Financial Planning Part 2 (November 26)
- Cash flow projection
- Financing options
- The 5 “C”s of Lending
Session VII: Growth (December 3)
- Human Resource Management
- Contractor vs. Employee
- Growing Your Business
- Group Presentations
This course is offered at a generous discount thanks to the Washington Women’s Business Center