Food Finance Institute: Raising Equity Multi-Day Workshop
October 18 - October 22$99.00
This Raising Equity Multi-Day Workshop, presented by the Food Finance Institute (FFI) (https://foodfinanceinstitute.org/), will be taught live virtually by Bartlett Durand of Local Choice Marketing, LLC. The Food Business Resource Center at Business Impact NW is holding a LIMITED number of discounted spots for clients in this immersive training. Regular workshop pricing through Food Finance Institute is $500-750 – Must Register through this Business Impact NW link for the discounted price.
- Businesses who register are encouraged to send two people from the business to attend (registration covers the business)
- A portion of each day is work time, and though we encourage everyone to spend that time working, we know sometimes entrepreneurs need to step away for a period to attend to their business
Raising Equity is a multi-day learning event will prepare you to deliver a great pitch and properly document your business, so you can successfully raise money. Your instructor, Bartlett Durand, uses his expertise to prepare you to raise money, both debt and equity, legally and effectively. As a result of this course you will be able to:
- Make your business model investment-worthy,
- Start assembling your financial request package,
- Develop a game plan for successfully raising both debt and equity and,
- Prepare and test that game plan through a business pitch.
Daily Focuses (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.):
- Monday – October 18 (12pm – 4pm) | investible business models, capitalization, lean canvas
- Tuesday – October 19 (10am – 5pm) | market research data, financial fundamentals
- Wednesday – October 20 (10am – 12pm) | dimensions of raising equity, pitch deck
- Thursday – October 21 (2pm – 4:30pm) | business pitches
- Friday – October 22 (30-min one-on-one calls for each business)
Registration includes access to the live virtual workshop for two representatives of business, all related tools and resources including their proforma template and pitch deck, one-on-one consulting time with the instructor, and networking with other businesses in the room.
About the Instructor – Bartlett Durand, Local Choice Marketing, LLC:
Bartlett is a creative attorney and businessman with over twenty-five years of high level achievements. His professional background encompasses a broad range of practical legal experience, including academic research, complex litigation, mediation, transactional work and extensive contract work focused on business outcomes. He has started three successful businesses: an artisanal farm-based cheese line from his family’s dairy; a USDA-inspected meat processing business; and a retail butcher shop, The Conscious Carnivore. He gained brief national attention as “The Zen Butcher,” through the development of a farmer-focused organic meat processor in Wisconsin. He was the winner of the Chicago Good Food Festival Business Plan competition, a founder of Seeding Slow Money – Wisconsin, and a finalist is Climate Quest, a national competition for innovative solutions to climate change. He has raised over $2,000,000 in capital for his businesses.
Through extensive training in law, mediation, and cooperative business models, Bartlett has developed a specialized skill set in finding and resolving capital needs for new business start ups through direct fundraising, loan packages, and grants. Bartlett lives in Madison, Wisconsin with his family. His wife is a leading consultant for regenerative farming practices.
The registration deadline for this course is October 15th.