- This event has passed.
E-Contractor Academy & Minority Business Accelerator
May 18 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFreeMore Information / Register
The Minority Business Accelerator provides a small minority construction business (MBE) with a comprehensive long-term training program, support and business opportunities to enable rapid and profitable growth.
The Accelerator is unique because of the participation of a select group of general and prime contractors who are committed to supporting MBEs and providing a pipeline of project opportunities.
- E-Contractor Academy – 6 weeknight sessions of instruction by contracting and business leaders
- Support Services – The opportunity to receive up to 2 years of individual consulting services by subject matter experts
- General & Prime Contractor Partnerships – Connection to general contractors seeking to increase their MBE contractor relationships and early access to bid opportunities
Each session includes:
- Featured content
- A presentation by a general or prime contractor
- A MBE success story or peer learning opportunity
Topics covered include:
- Construction industry trends and technologies
- High-road practices
- Financial matters
- Project bidding
- Marketing and more!
The E-Contractor Growth Academy is a 6 week online and in-person program introducing key strategies and information needed for profitable business growth.
Free, no cost to participants
Who should attend?
While the program is open to all contractors priority will be given to firms with the following characteristics:
- Minority-owned Business Enterprises
- Multi-family, Residential, Public Works and Commercial Construction Scopes
- Contractors in or interested in the Clean Energy Trades such as Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, and Refrigeration
- Established Businesses – 3 years or more in business
- Business Revenue from $250K – $1million
- Project Scopes from $100K to $1million
- Owners seeking to grow their business
- Are available to attend at least 5 out of 6 Academy sessions
- Three hours per week in the virtual classroom during weeks 1-6
- In-Person Networking and Graduation is June 25, 2022
Registration and Information:
Facilitated weekly cohort classes
- Where: Held Virtually. Links provided at registration.
- Time: 6pm – 9pm PT
Week 6: Networking Event
In-Person Networking and Graduation is June 25, 2022
To request further information, please contact email@example.com