- This event has passed.
Business Expert Session: Money Matters, Pay Yourself First
June 10 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
This webinar shows you how to manage your money by preparing a personal spending plan and identifying ways to decrease spending and increase income. We will also cover how to identify ways you can save money and introduce saving options that will help you reach your goals.
After participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- List the steps for setting financial goals
- Track daily spending habits
- Prepare a spending plan to estimate monthly income and expenses
- Identify ways to decrease spending
- Identify ways to increase income
- Identify spending plan tools to manage bills
- Explain why it is important to save
- Determine goals for saving money
- Identify savings options
- Determine which savings options will help them reach their savings goals
- Recognize which investment options are right for them
- List ways to save for retirement
- List ways to save for large expense goals, including: a child’s college tuition, a car or home purchase, or a vacation
About the Presenter:
Rafael has been an educator since 2003 and is very passionate about teaching and empowering the community to make better, wiser and more informed decisions about their personal finances / money management skills. Rafael earned his B.A. in English with an emphasis in teaching in 2003 and later went on to receive his TESOL Certification (Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages) through the University of Cambridge in 2013.
In 2014, Rafael turned his attention to the financial education sector and is currently the Financial Education Instructor with Beneficial State Bank, where he provides financial wellness presentations at no cost to the community, at high schools, colleges, non-profits etc.