Saturday, March 7, 2020 | 9:30-4pm Conference | 4:30-6pm Marketplace
Des Moines, WA - Highline College Student Union Building
Food Biz Day: Insight, Education & Marketlace
Food Biz Day is a daylong event focused on providing insight, education, and networking for food entrepreneurs. The day will be a combination of speakers, breakouts, and panel discussions followed by a food entrepreneur’s marketplace where newbies can table their products alongside more seasoned food business owners. The following is a breakdown of days activities:
- Food Entrepreneur Speaker will kick off the day with a high energy speaker addressing the importance of diversity in food entrepreneurship.
- Breakout Sessions will focus on helping food entrepreneurs start or grow their businesses. Topics to include:
- How to use market research to grow your business
- Building a solid business plan
- Understanding financials and knowing your margins
- Navigating the permitting process
- Introduction to lean manufacturing
- Starting your catering business
- Home-based food businesses
- Packing and Labeling - tips and tricks from a graphic designer
- How to source regional produce
- What you need to know about food traceability and FSMA
- Food Truck 101
- Grocery buyers tell all: what they look for and what they need from you
- Panel Discussion this year will focus on diversity in food entrepreneurship. Hear from a panel of entrepreneurs and leaders working to break down barriers and expand diversity in the food industry.
- Mid-day Meal & Resource Fair
- Food Entrepreneur Marketplace will feature selected food business entrepreneurs with less than $50,000 in annual revenues the previous year get to table for FREE. Business with more than $50,000 annual revenues will pay $100 to secure a table alongside a ‘newbie.’ Food Biz Day attendees, the general public, food supporters, and regional grocery store buyers will get a chance to taste and buy products from some great regional food businesses.
Registration and Ticketing to open early 2020. Join our mailing list to stay in touch!