Grow & Thrive: Strategic Planning & Mentorship Program
Class Information and Sign Up below. Cost = $399.
Welcome to Grow & Thrive for established small business owners, a structured mentor program with expert guidance, advice & help in taking your business to the next level.
Grow and Thrive is a course perfect for any business owner who wants to take their business to the next level. This 7 week course is designed for business owners who have been in business at least one year and are averaging over $25,000 in sales per year. Each week business owners will be paired with topic experts and spend time with mentors to design a plan to strategically grow their business.
Each participant can expect to budget 8-10 hours a week to ensure success in this class—this includes 3 hours of class time and 5-7 hours of “pre-work” outside of class.
Upon payment, a confirmation email will be sent to you immediately. Your course instructor will reach out to you in the days preceding your series with information on making the most out of your class.
The next course series will be held in the Spring.
Session I: Know Your Business
- Business Model Canvas
- Capability Statement
- Mission statement
- SWOT analysis
- Customer analysis
- Competition analysis
- Strategic Plan Part #1
- Operation processes and procedures
- Retail, wholesale, and distribution
- Quality control
- Supply chain
- Inventory management, point-of-sale
- Regulatory compliance
- Customer service and customer relationship management
- Strategic Plan Part #2
- Human resource management
- Employees: hiring, managing, separating
- Federal, state, and local labor laws and standards
- Training and retention
- Manuals and policies
- Strategic Plan Part #3
- Financing options (traditional and non-traditional access to capital)
- Debt versus equity financing
- Lending and the loan process
- Margins: Profitability, Efficiency, Leverage
- Understanding data and trends
- Financial projections
- Strategic Plan Part #4
- Types of marketing
- Building a brand
- Social media and web presence
- Marketing plan
- Pitch basics
- Strategic Plan Part #5
- Practice for Pitching Your Business
- Pitch Your Business
- Networking Reception